Roses are Red
0 Comments Published by Dan on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 at Tuesday, February 14, 2006.
I've grown to dislike valentine's day. It's a day that either rubs in your face just how single you might be or it's an expensive, pressure filled quest towards an unattainably perfect 24 hours. And god forbid if you're in a shitty relationship, that's got to be the worst of all. At least there's usually some good sales on diamonds and cars. The sour grapes of a dude without a valentine, yes that's probably true. I still don't like it, and I'm sure there's more than a few out there who would agree. Nonetheless, In honor of the occasion here's a smattering of songs, a mixtape if you will, for whatever stage you might be in at the moment.
Yo La Tengo - Last Days of Disco (first sight)
The Zombies - I Want Her She Wants Me (dating)
D'Angelo - Untitled (How Does It Feel) (fuckin')
Willie Bobo - The Look of Love (all settled in)
The Buzzcocks - Oh Shit! (fightin')
Ann Peebles - I'm Leavin' You (breaking it off)
Blur - No Distance Left To Run (heartbreak)
Green Day - All By Myself (all by yourself)
The Zombies - I Want Her She Wants Me (dating)
D'Angelo - Untitled (How Does It Feel) (fuckin')
Willie Bobo - The Look of Love (all settled in)
The Buzzcocks - Oh Shit! (fightin')
Ann Peebles - I'm Leavin' You (breaking it off)
Blur - No Distance Left To Run (heartbreak)
Green Day - All By Myself (all by yourself)

0 Responses to “Roses are Red”
Post a Comment