robert james

I'm not a big smooth jazz fan and I haven't been picking up Fourplay albums recently, though I got plenty of exposure to the genre listening to CD 101.9 from the back seat growing up. It's probably why I have a soft spot for Double and Chuck Mangione and artists built from similar mettle. Bob James, before he started craking out smooth hits as Fourplay's keyboardist, played on some very funky albums back in the 70's when the excellent fusion music was being made. Hell he did the awesome theme song to Taxi, maybe the best theme for a sitcom ever. Welcome Back Kotter was pretty great also.

Check out the heavily sampled Nautilus and his porn groove sans the irony cover of Feel Like Making love from 1974's "One."

Bob James - Nautilus
Bob James - Feel Like Making Love

0 Responses to “robert james”

Post a Comment