
the lighthouse at the end of the street
Not quite sure how I'll cope without internet access for the next week, I get the fidgets when the connection goes down for just a few hours. Hopefully the spanish sun will soak deep into my head and make me forget how addicted I've become to these modern devices. Plus I'll have my DS with me if I feel a need for the warm glow of an LCD screen. Sacrifices must be made, it's vacation time for me and vacation time for this site. I want to leave behind a big post so in honor of the old hometown, I present my Top Ten list of songs I'd forgotten about until rifling through old CD's from Junior High. A fair warning, the following is a healthy dose of 90's nostalgia - some may even consider it an overdose. I blame Z100 and Beavis & Butt-Head.
10. Sponge - Wax Ecstatic (to sell angelina)
Wax Ecstatic had a freaky video with roller rink girls, happy pills and close ups of yellow stuff gushing between teeth. Pretty sure the lead singer got into smack and that was the last of Sponge. Not everyone can be Scott Weiland.
9. Dishwalla - Counting Blue Cars
From the CD single. I brought alot of bad albums after hearing only one song, but I guess I was a bit more wary investing in a group called Dishwalla.
8. Brad - The Day Brings
I was listening to the radio late at night when this came on, picked up their album the next day. Was really into Ben Folds Five at the time and all about the piano rock. Fairly sure some people from Pearl Jam helped out on this record.
7. Our Lady Peace - Superman's Dead
Alice In Chains/Soundgarden as sung by Canadians. You may remember this as an early entry into the Buzz Bin.
6. Ini Kamoze - Here Comes The Hotstepper
Yeah, it's from the soundtrack to Pret-A-Porter (Ready To Wear).
5. All-4-One - I Swear
What could possibly top the romantic R&B hits of Boyz-II-Men? Oh I don't know, maybe.. a romantic R&B hit from motherfucking All-4-One?!? Oh, no you didn't!
4. The Toadies - Possum Kingdom
Why can I still remember all the words to Possum Kingdom 10+ years since last hearing it?
3. Tripping Daisy - I Got A Girl
This song is still awesome, not much else to say.
2. Spacehog - In The Meantime
Spacehog stands the test of time well, one of the perks when your group is biting David Bowie. Resident Alien is still a good album and In The Meantime is a great one hit wonder.
1. Meatpuppets - Backwater
The Meatpuppers were an influential band that never really made it on the MTV, all I know is at the time I heard Backwater on Z100 (where else) I had to own the album and satisfy a deep-seated need to listen to it over and over again. A song that screams 1994 in the very best way possible.

0 Responses to “>old field”
Post a Comment