
New (old) Pharrell record finally rounds the corner. There's plenty of nice beats and hooks in this collection and an impressive guestlist but overall it's nothing worth throwing a party over. I'm glad Pharrell put this together, he's got soul and the talent to show it off. His rapping is enjoyable, even if it lacks personality and crazy wordplay - the vets like Jay-Z and Snoop upstage him fairly thoroughly. He's no super singer either but if you can get into Q-Tip, Mos Def and Andre 3000's vocals then Pharrell shouldn't bother, he's on that level. Can't really hate on that album artwork, it's totes boss. Much like N.E.R.D. without the guitars and less cringeworthy lyricism, In My Mind is lukewarm hotness that really should have been served circa last Christmas. Better late than never.
Check out a few highlights from the set on what's bound to be a sweltering Sunday. Number One is still the best track in my mind (ho ho ho) but since it's been posted I threw up some others for variety.
Best Friend
You Can Do It Too
Angel
Young Girl (feat. Jay-Z)/I Really Like You

0 Responses to “yizzur”
Post a Comment