saturday in the park

The Beach Boys - Busy Doin Nothing
King Biscuit Time - People Happy
Michael Washington - Little Girl

More like Saturday in my apt, amirite? I think it was the fourth of July. What?

Actually I had grandiose plans to clean and record and post all kinds of musical nuggets today but I have just been informed that Grandma's surprise birthday party is indeed happening, and as a man who loves his Grandma I just can't say no to such festivities. We'll see if the same motivation reveals itself when I return to Brooklyn later tonight.

Some unseen force seems to be working against me ever listening to my music ever again. My new iPod has contracted a mysterious disease and now it won't charge or show up on my computer, and my external hard drive that houses my entire collection doesn't want to show up as well. Something is not right, something is quite wrong. No time to think about what to post, these songs are surely repeats but I just have to make do with the random mp3's left on my laptop. Busy Doin Nothin' is a top 5 all time Beach Boys song of mine, the sound of summer afternoon in the hammock and the thoughts of a man slipping away from reality. People Happy is a warm little record that never got very much play, it's from Steve Mason of Beta Band fame's solo outfit. Little Girl is an obscure and equally summery slice of Kid Soul from Michael Washington courtesy of numero group. Enjoy the weekend weather in the city and beyond.

0 Responses to “saturday in the park”

Post a Comment