fancy samples

ZZ Hill - That Ain't The Way You Make Love

Here's a warm slice of soul for an overcast day from the late Mr. ZZ Hill, accomplished bluesman and Bobby Womack soundalike. Last heard sampled by Madlib and killed dead by MF Doom on the excellent track Fancy Clown from the excellent record Madvillainy. Love how it shifts around lazily before settling into a satisfying payoff around 3 minutes in, classic stuff right here.


'Sup.


ZZ Hill (link)
Madvillain (link)

1 Responses to “fancy samples”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Yo I remember searching forever for this sample when the early material for Madvillainy first leaked. I remember being disappointed that the meat of the ZZ Hill song is lacking the catchy piano/vocal combo that it starts with. Also, I had the earlier version of "Fancy Clown" on my old PC that died. It relied more heavily on the funky sample and I was rather disappointed in the final cut. Actually I think the novelty of Madvillainy was fun but after many listens I grew tired of all the short choppy clips. I end up skipping around thru the record. Similar to Donuts, I find myself unsatisfied when each groove is so short-lived.  

Post a Comment