2.0

Time for a little spring cleanup on the Benzi Box. Hope whomever is stopping by here likes the changes, I'm going to be fooling around with it a bit more until I get it just so. Comments are back in, I'll just edit out the spam this go round. Eventually you'll be able to subscribe to an RSS feed of the site for easy browsing in the fun new internet style. After that I'll find some free/cheap webspace so I can get rid of the yousendit process.

In celebration I dug in deep to find a few obscure favorites.

Jennifer Lara - I am in love
The last track from the original Studio One Women compilation. The lovely Jennifer Lara remains one of the unheralded queens of the Studio One recording sessions. Timeless, brilliant soul-saturated reggae.

Erasmo Carlos - Mané João
Erasmo Carlos, Jovem Guarda, sings a little samba about young Mané and the Gafieira.

The Muppets - Ma Na Ma Na
This song floats through my head once a week or so.

Souls of Mischief - Cabfare
A golden oldie b-side from the Hiero group and one of my all time favorite hip hop tracks. This would have been a cut on 93 'Til Infinity if Bob James hadn't denied them sample use. OWNED!

0 Responses to “2.0”

Post a Comment