The D

Here's some rare D'Angelo outtakes and covers from the Voodoo sessions at Electric Lady Studios, NYC. D on Rhodes and vocals, Pino Palladino on the bass, ?uestlove drumming. Some of these are pretty raw but worth checking out if you hold Voodoo in reverence like I do, or if you're just fiending for some new D'Angelo material. The vaults are starting to spring leaks, now we need to start hearing some of those Prince jams - I'm not sure I can wait 15 years for the (inevitable) box set.

Edit: reupped tracks 10/16/06

Superman Lover
Johnny "Guitar" Watson's hit done by the Voodoo crew. Pretty polished for an outtake.

Go Back 2 The Thing
10+ minutes of funky.

Everybody Loves the Sunshine
?uest & D duet on the classic Roy Ayers tune.

Fair But So Uncool
Earth Wind & Fire cover, suitably stripped down. More back and forth betweeen the two maestros.

Ex Girl to the Next Girl
Gang Starr cover. Turn up the speakers to hear D'Angelo rapping.


where for art thou mr. archer?

3 Responses to “The D”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    What up, Benzi...

    Just stopping throgh and saw these joints. Can you re-up them? I have a few Voodoo outtakes myself if you'd like to trade.  

  2. # Blogger Dan

    sure thing - i'll respot them later tonight  

  3. # Blogger Jzzy

    Thanks for that!
    nice site btw!,.
    J.  

Post a Comment